It really is hard to grasp, I cannot believe that in two months, my time at UMMS will come to end. It’s incredibly exciting, but with moments of anxiety and sadness too of course. It really has been an incredible adventure and I can hardly wait to see how these next two months shape up.
Some things I’ve been up to/things that are coming up:
- Finished interviewing, definitely a relief.
- Started my ER rotation in Flint (murder capital USA). It has been an awesome experience. It’s my first real rotation in almost 4mo, so re-establishing differentials and physical exam skills was challenging at first, but definitely came back quickly.
- The M4 class won its FOURTH STRAIGHT Intramural Water Polo Championship. The victory was made even sweeter by the fact that we beat the M2 class.
- All the M4s submitted a rank list. Took a lot of thinking and analyzing for everyone, but once it’s in, it’s in and the it’s all up to the Match Gods.
- The SMOKER is next weekend. Its our huge musical parody roast of the faculty/staff. If you’re in the area, I highly recommend coming to see it! Buy tickets at www.galenssmoker.org. Its going to be amazing.
- Match Day just under a month away. Every single M4 will find out where they spend the next 3-7 years training. (The urologists, ophthalmologists, and Armed Forces folks already know and its been a great start for this M4 class!)
- I’m going to India for a month to do a rotation in New Delhi in April.
- Medical School graduation is on 5/16. I’m going to be sad to see many of these awesome people leave.
- My roommate and prior blog contributor (Tyler Ladue) gets married at the end of May.
- Residency begins in the end of June.
SO much coming up. I’ll be sure to keep you posted. Check out the Smoker!